By: Voice of Reason
In the video below, Peter Schiff DESTROYS Obama’s new Overtime Law with a bit too much common sense for most every day garden variety liberals. Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in too many liberal gardens, so Peter takes it upon himself to shred Obama’s imbecilic idea.
HERE YOU GO: WORKERS WILL LOSE BENEFITS, SCHEDULES WILL BE LESS FLEXIBLE, AND EMPLOYERS WON’T BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT.
OBAMA NEVER RAN A LEMONADE STAND, SO HE DOESN’T GET IT…
I will never argue the fact Obama hates America and has some of the most diabolical and evil schemes I’ve ever come across in my life, but when this kind of story comes out… I’m not buying it. This isn’t his diabolical genius taking down America. This is a perfect example of the WORST kind of total boob. Obama is the boob who knows nothing, but thinks he’s all knowing. Good lord. A third grader could figure this out… but not Obama…
These are just a few reactions that major business trade groups expressed in response to newly proposed federal rules for expanding overtime pay.
The White House has portrayed the new overtime rules as good for the middle class, many of whom work long hours without additional pay.
The biggest change on tap: a near doubling of the level of income threshold below which workers will be automatically eligible for overtime pay if they work more than 40 hours a week. That will affect millions of workers who currently make between $23,000 and $50,000 who are currently considered exempt from overtime because of their managerial duties.
But three of the country's most powerful business lobbies issued statements Tuesday arguing against the proposed changes won't necessarily mean bigger paychecks for middle-class workers.
"Supporters of these regulations say they want to increase Americans' take-home pay, but these sweeping changes to the rules could mean anything but," said Angelo Amador, senior vice president of Labor and Workforce Policy at the National Restaurant Association. "If these regulations stand, that mobility and adaptability of employee schedules, which makes our industry appealing, will be severely diminished."
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce warned the change would mean many newly eligible workers could lose out on the privileges that may be associated with being a salaried manager who is exempt from overtime.
"Many reclassified employees will lose benefits, flexibility, status and opportunities for advancement. This change is another example of the administration being completely divorced from reality and adding more burdens to employers and expecting them to just absorb the impact," said the Chamber's Senior Vice President of Labor, Immigration, and Employee Benefits Randy Johnson.
The National Retail Federation made similar points but also suggested that many businesses won't be able to pay workers more than they are currently.
"There simply isn't a magic pot of money that lets employers pay more just because the government says so," said David French, NRF's Senior Vice President for Government Relations.
The new rules will be subject to a 60-day public comment period. The Labor Department expects the final rule to go into effect in 2016.
By: Voice of Reason
THE VOICE OF REASON
GOOGLE PLUS: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LastGreatStand
TEA PARTY COMMUNITY: https://www.teapartycommunity.com/profile-151600/
PATRIOT ACTION: http://patriotaction.net/members/TheVoiceofReason
YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/user/LastGreatStand/
FOR LINKS TO UNDERSTAND THE ECONOMY & THE COMING ECONOMIC COLLAPSE:
- Peter Schiff: Greek Tragedy! When Will Greek Banks Reopen?
- Peter Schiff: Greece Was a Sideshow. Americans Need to Worry About Starving
- Gerald Celente Predicts Economic Collapse Means World War III (Video)
- Can You Imagine Empty Grocery Stores?
- Putin Makes Chilling Threat to Obama That Could Change Everything
- Gerald Celente: America Headed Towards Total Financial Collapse
- Peter Schiff: China and Switzerland is Killing U.S. Dollar
- So it Begins: The Bond Crash Looks to be Here, and Investors Are Panicking
- What Makes The Trans-Pacific Partnership So Bad? You Better Sit Down.
- Global Reset Coming! Central Banks Are Losing Control Of Financial Markets
- Deathblow to the Dollar – Even Our “Allies” Abandoning U.S.
- What Will Happen To You When The Dollar Collapses?
- Gerald Celente: “America Is A Collapsing Third World Country”
- Trouble Ahead: ‘Within One Year 9 Out of 10 Americans Would Be Dead’
- How Will the Dollar Crash Affect ME PERSONALLY?
- DOLLAR DOMINATION IS OVER!!!! – OMFIF Discusses Alternatives
- Gerald Celente: A Worldwide Panic Is Beginning And “There Is No Recovery”